Nepal Visa Information
Visa in Nepal is easy and upon arrival. Visa is stamped by custom officers stationed at Tribhuwan International Airport the only areal gateway to the country or any other major port of entry in Nepal-India border or Nepal-China border. The visa of Nepal can also be obtained by going to the Embassy of Nepal if it is accessible. The renewal process is easy and is done by going to the department of Immigrations. A standard passport size picture with plain background is accepted where as a valid passport is a must.
Cash and credit card both are accepted for the renewal of visa currency including Euro, Swiss Franc, Pound Sterling, US Dollar, Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, Singapore Dollar and Japanese Yen, Indian currency. Unfortunately Nepali currency is not accepted as visa fee for exact exchange rate is not available. Following are few types of visa and the cost of it:
a. Tourist Visa
Visa Type Duration Applicable fees
Multiple entry 15 days USD 25 or convertible currency except Nepalese rupees
Multiple entry 30 days USD 25 or convertible currency except Nepalese rupees
Multiple entry 90 days USD 25 or convertible currency except Nepalese rupees
b. Gratis(free) visa
• For the first time travelers to Nepal only for one time, gratis visa for 30 days is granted for nationals of South Asian countries which includes Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. However interested visitors willing to extend the visa from the department of immigration has to pay applicable visa fees
• Indian nationals do not need any visa to enter Nepal but require a valid passport.
c. Requirements for Indian Nationals
Indian Nationals do not require a visa to enter Nepal via any port of entry but do require carrying identification and legal documentation. The following documentations are accepted by Nepalese authority as a proof of identity for Indian national:
• Driving License with a valid and recent picture attached
• Photo Identity card issued by a Government Agency
• Ration Card with picture
• Election Commission Card with picture
• Identity Card issued by Embassy of India in Kathmandu
• Identity Card with pictured issued by Sub- Divisional Magistrate or any other officials above mentioned rank
Please reconfirm with your local travel agent for changes in immigration laws and Indian customs requirement for travel.
d. Useful Information
Nationals from Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Palestine and Afghanistan must be granted a visa from Nepal Embassies or Diplomatic Missions in their respective countries, as visa is strictly prohibited on arrival at the immigration entry points of Nepal.
e. Visa Extension
Tourists are permitted to stay for a maximum of 150 days in a visa year (Jan 1 to Dec 31).
For further information, please contact:
Department of Immigration
Tel: 00977-1- 4429660 / 4438862 / 4438868/ 4433934
Tour in nepal